There is just something so satisfying about a freshly baked, warm brownie served with a side of vanilla ice cream. It’s comforting and my go to desert when I’m craving chocolate, which lets face it, is always!
Here’s the recipe I’ve tweaked over the years to find the right level of chewy to chocolate ratio.
- 1/2cup unsalted butter or margarine melted
- 1tbsp cooking oil
- 1cup + 2tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2cup all purpose flour
- 1/2cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray or butter.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugar together in mixer. Mix on medium speed for a minute. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until colour lightens.
- Slowly add flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and add desired toppings.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Middle should look done and not jiggly.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature before serving
Optional toppings or fillings:
Crushed nuts, chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, dried fruit ect.
I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do.
Thanks for reading!