If you’ve ever been like us you know what the snack cupboard can be like the day before grocery day… empty. This is normally when I start to get creative and raid my pantry for ingredients to make snacks to get us by. Banana muffins are always my first go to as we almost always have ripe bananas in the freezer. Here is my favourite recipe that you can make your own. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10mins | Cook time: 30mins
- 1 1/2cup all purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large mashed bananas
- 1/3cup melted butter
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1tbsp vanilla
- 1/4cup shredded coconut*
*you can substitute coconut with pecans, nuts, chocolate chips, or anything else that tickles your fancy.
- Preheat over to 350°F and spray muffin pan with non sick spray or coat in butter.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and coconut in separate bowl.
- Mix banana, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in mixer on low.
- Once mixed slowly add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Scoop into muffin pan and bake 10-15mins for mini and 25-30mins for large.
- Wait 5mins and transfer to cooling rack. Store in airtight container or large zip lock bag.
These can be frozen! If you have any left over that is!
Thanks for reading!